Friday, March 6, 2009

must read

so i haven't posted in a few days- lots going on - but in the interim i picked up another amazing read from my list of musts - high lonesome by barry hannah

when i started this blog i said that fashion comes in many forms - and one of them to me definitely is words, writing- which i was re- awakened to and it's a new love affair (thanks to great recommendations).
i'm still in the honeymoon phase- everything i'm reading romances me, takes me to a new place, holds my hand, and reaffirms my convictions - so i have to pass on the love. some may argue that this is not fashion- but a good book never goes out of style!

an excerpt from high lonesome:
...'he and his wife lived in mutual disregard which turned three times a month into animal passion then diminished on the sharp incline to hatred, at last collecting in time into silent equal fatigue.'

- if this line doesn't hook you- then don't bother falling!

check out more excerpts at google books.com

No comments:

Post a Comment